Recently Xiaomi launched their new device in Indian Market which was Redmi Note 6 Pro and on the very first day of sale, Xiaomi got a huge number of sales. There is a slight difference between Redmi Note 5 Pro and Note 6 Pro, in the Note 6 Pro, you will get a Notch display and dual front camera.
Xiaomi fans have already grabbed the device in the first sale and till now it has got good response in the market. However, as like other Xiaomoi mobiles, Redmi Note 6 Pro has locked the bootloader. If you are looking to Install TWRP Recovery or Root Redmi Note 6 Pro then you will have to unlock the Bootloader of your mobile phone.
You May Also Like: Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 6 Pro
Here in this guide, we are going to discuss about Bootloader Unlock of Redmi Note 6 Pro. Process of unlocking bootloader for all the Xiaomi devices is almost similar and you can unlock the bootloader of any MI Mobile phone by following the below-mentioned guides.
Unlock Bootloader MI Redmi Note 6 Pro
If you are thinking that unlocking the Bootloader will void the warranty of your mobile phone then you are wrong. It is verified from official sources that Bootloader Unlock doesn’t affect the warranty of the mobile phone. But if you root your mobile phone after unlocking the bootloader then you may lose the warranty of your mobile phone.
Once you unlock the bootloader of your mobile phone then you can do various things such as installing Custom ROMs, Installing Camera2API for using Google Camera Apk on Redmi Note 6 Pro.
After unlocking the bootloader you can install TWRP Custom Recovery which will help you in installing Custom ROM or Camera2API. You can flash your desired file with the help of TWRP Recovery. But for doing all such things you have to unlock the bootloader for your mobile phone.
This guide is only for the MI mobile phones and you should not try this on any other mobile phone. Also, keep in mind that unlocking bootloader may wipe all the data on your mobile phone so it is recommended to keep a backup of personal data before unlocking the bootloader.
How to Unlock Bootloader of any Xiaomi/MI Mobile?
Please follow each step carefully and we TechyPedia is not responsible for any loss caused to your mobile phone or data. Always keep backup of your personal files before unlocking the bootloader.
- The very first thing you have to do is enable the Developer Options on your mobile phone by tapping on MIUI Version several times.
- Once you have enabled the developer options then open Developer Options on your mobile phone and then there you will find an option for OEM Unlocking. You have to enable OEM Unlocking from the Developer Options.
- Now open your MI Account from Settings and then tap on MI Cloud. Here you will have to turn on Find My Device.
- Now open https://i.mi.com in the browser and Log In to the same account which you are using on your MI mobile phone.
- Select Find Device. Now let it detect your mobile phone and make sure that your mobile is getting tracked properly.
- Now here comes the process for unlocking the bootloader. Visit this link http://en.miui.com/unlock and download MI Unlock Tool on your PC.
- Now Switch Off your mobile phone and after that Hold and Press Volume Down + Power for few seconds to reboot your device in Fastboot Mode.
- Once your device is rebooted in Fastboot mode then connect your mobile phone via USB Cable to PC.
- Open MI Unlock Tool on your PC and Log In to your MI Account.
- Start Unlocking Process and it will be finished in few seconds.
- That’s it, You have successfully Unlocked Bootloader for Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Here we shared the complete guide to Unlock Bootloader on any MI Mobile Phone easily. Please do not try above-shared method on any other mobile except MI. If you are facing any problem or having any trouble in unlocking bootloader then do let us know via the comments section below. We will assist your query ASAP.