Recently we had shared a guide on how to Unlock Bootloader of any Xiaomi Mobile Phone. But, today we are going to share an opposite guide of that in which you will get to know how to Relock Bootloader of an Android mobile phone.
If you have unlocked the bootloader of your mobile phone and now wants to lock it again then here you are at the right place. Guide for relocking the bootloader is almost the same for all Android mobile phones and you can relock the bootloader of any Android mobile phone by using the Fastboot Commands shared by us.
However, there are many benefits of Unlocked Bootloader such as you can use Custom Recovery, Root Mobile, Install GCam and many more. You can customize your mobile the way you want if you have unlocked the bootloader. But, there are some drawbacks also of an unlocked bootloader mobile such as your device can be affected by malware easily or there some applications which may not work properly on the unlocked bootloader mobile phone.
Relock Bootloader on Android Mobile
Recently Google had launched the Safetynet which can determine whether your device’s bootloader is unlocked or not and if your mobile phone has unlocked bootloader there can be some issues with Google Pay also.
So, here in this guide, we are going to tell you about locking the bootloader again of any Android mobile phone. To Relock Bootloader you need to have a PC and USB Cable. To know more please follow the below-shared steps.
How to Relock Bootloader of Any Android Mobile?
Before proceeding further keep in mind that Fastboot commands for locking bootloader is not the same for all Android devices but you can give it a try. Most of the times these commands relocks the bootloader of an Android mobile phone.
- At first, Install ADB Driver on your PC.
- Now connect your device via USB Cable to PC.
- Open the command prompt in the ADB folder by Holding Shift button on your Keyboard and Right click on the empty space of the Folder and Select Open Command prompt window.
- Then enter the following command to reboot your device in fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now enter the following guides one by one to lock the bootloader of your mobile phone. (It’s not necessary to use all the commands you can use any one of them which works for you)
fastboot oem lock fastboot flashing lock fastboot oem relock
- After entering the following commands, run this command to check whether your bootloader is locked or not.
fastboot oem device-info
- If it shows device unlocked is false that means you have successfully locked the bootloader of your mobile phone.
- After performing these commands enter the following command to reboot your mobile phone.
- That’s it, Now you have successfully relocked the bootloader of your mobile phone.
So this was a complete guide on relocking the bootloader of any Android mobile phone. If you have unlocked the bootloader and wants to relock it then follow the steps shared above in the article. Relocking the bootloader will make your device safer and you would be able to use all the application without any error.
If you are having any trouble in locking the bootloader or these commands are not working for your device then do let us know via the comments section below. We would be happy to hear from you.
Also, do not forget to share the article with your friends by using the social share buttons share below. Follow our Newsletter for more Android related updates.