Google Camera is in trending from few months and it gives great results in Android Mobile phones. If you are not satisfied with the camera quality of your Redmi Note 6 Pro then I will recommend you to give a try to the Google Camera for Mi Note 6 Pro.
Google Camera aka GCam works quite well in Redmi Note 6 Pro and the pictures clicked with Google Camera on Note 6 Pro is slightly better than the default camera of the mobile phone. It works better in night mode. As the Gcam has Night Mode which clicks the photos quite good even at the night.
But there is an obstacle in using Google Camera on Redmi Note 6 Pro as for using the Google Camera on any Android mobile you should have Camera2Api enabled on your mobile phone. If your device does not have camera2api enabled then you will not be able to use the Google Camera on your mobile phone.
And to enable the camera2api you need to boot your device in TWRP recovery mode which will let you enable the camera2api. But many people do not want to install the TWRP recovery as it may stop the OTA Updates and warranty may also get void by installing the custom recovery on the device.
But here we have figured out all your problems and got a perfect solution for you in which you do not need to install custom recovery and there is no need of root also. You can install Google Camera on Redmi Note 6 Pro without Root & TWRP Recovery.
Also Check: How to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 6 Pro
Google Camera for Redmi Note 6 Pro
Yes, you heard it right, now it is possible to install Gcam even without installing the TWRP Recovery. In this method, you just need to install a temporary recovery via fastboot mode to enable the camera2api option. Once the camera2api is enabled that recovery can be deleted from your device and your device will have the stock recovery.
So what are you waiting for? Follow the below mentioned steps carefully one by one to install GCam on Redmi Note 6 Pro Without TWRP Recovery and Root.
Files Required to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 6 Pro
Before starting the process you should install the below-shared files on your PC & Mobile Phone.
- Download ADB Drivers on your PC from here.
- Download Fastboot Files Platform Tools Folder from here.
- Download Temporary Recovery files from here.
- Download Google Camera Pixel Apk file on your mobile from here.
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 6 Pro Without Root & TWRP?
Before proceeding further make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader of your mobile phone. Unlocking Bootloader is mandatory for installing Gcam on Redmi Note 6 Pro so if you have not unlocked yet then unlock the bootloader first then proceed further for below steps.
- Make sure your mobile’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Now install the ADB Drivers on your PC from the link shared above and then Unzip the Fastboot Files Platform Tools Folder on your desktop.
- Now you have to boot your mobile phone in the fastboot mode. To boot in fastboot mode Switch Off your mobile phone and then press Volume Down + Power Off button together till it is booted in fastboot mode.
- Now open the Platform Tools folder which you have unzipped on your desktop.
- After that press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-click together and then click on open command window here.
- Now connect your mobile phone to PC via the USB Cable and enter the following command.
fastboot boot tuliprecovery.img
- It will boot your device in TWRP mode and you need not to do anything in the recovery mode. Now run the following commands one by one to enable the Camera2api on your mobile phone.
setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1
setprop persist.camera.eis.enable 1
adb reboot bootloader
- Boom! Now your device will have Camera2api enabled and the recovery will be removed from your device automatically.
- Reboot your mobile phone and install the Google Pixel Camera Apk file on your mobile phone.
- That’s all, Now you can run Google Camera on your Redmi Note 6 Pro mobile even without rooting and installing the custom recovery.
I hope you liked the article and have successfully installed the Google Camera on your MI Mobile Phone without rooting and installing the TWRP Recovery. Make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader before installing the Gcam.
If you are having any trouble or facing any problem in any of the above steps then feel free to contact us via the comments section below. We will be happy to hear from you and solve your query. If this article has helped you in any way then please do not forget to share it with your friends. Have a good day ahead.